Friday 15 June 2012

A few new things!

First of all I live in one of the Olympic Boroughs so there is a lot of stuff happening and I am involved with a couple of different projects related to the London 2012 Olympics: 


1Changing Spaces Project with Jonathan O'Dea
For the past few months I have been collaborating on a project with Jonathan O'Dea. He has been doing all the hard art work and I have been documenting the project in photographs and by writing and editing the Changing Spaces Project Blog. The exhibition opens on Saturday June 16th. For full details please click on link below:




2. Survival of the Fittest
This is a group exhibition at the same Waltham Forest venue as above (Waterworks Nature Reserve) and is curated by Katja Rosenberg, founder of Art Catcher I am creating an installation for this show entitled Team MSK. 


MSK means muscular-skeletal and this work uses a skeletal model and anatomical charts to illustrate the physical realities upon which all fitness depends. It's also fun! 







3. A Geometer's Tale, the work of  Zarah Hussain
Last but definitely not least - in fact I am very proud of my involvement with this - I recently wrote an essay about the work of British Geometer, Zarah Hussain. The essay has just been published in a really cool looking book, details of which are here: 

REFORM CREATIVE


It is also listed on Amazon and it the best tenner you'll ever spend..... tho obviously I would say that. When the Cultural Olympiad is out of the way I will post some extracts from the essay along with some more images of Zarah's work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment